• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help Projects No longer working after moving RoboSever to AWS

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using RoboHelp15 and RoboServer9 currently.  A few weeks ago, the RoboServer had to be moved to an AWS environment.  We have help projects on the server back to 2011.  Some of the older versions stopped working for our customers after the move.  It is confusing to me that some versions of the help work, but not others for our customers. NetOps is pointing to the new server to redirect.

Do you have any suggestions on troubleshooting this issue?

Things I have tried:

• Generating a new build to the server for a project that is not working.  Didn't help.
  • Noticed that in the older builds, the project was opening to the topic MySurveysGrid, but with the move changed to Getting Started topic, which is what we use in our newer projects.
  • When I generate to the server now, even though the default topic is MySurveysGrid, it changed to Getting Started which changes the URL of course. 
  • NetOps is telling me that it looks like when I generate a build it is affecting all projects and not the designated project.

Questions I have:

1. Do I have the ability to control the wording of the URL?  Typically, I just publish to the server to the designated “area” that I create and of course the server https address.

Say it produces this:

https://help2.vovici.net/robohelp/robohelp/server/EFMHelp15.2FP2/projects_fhpro/survey%20workbench/i...

Is there a way to modify this link and for it to still work?  Trying to mirror the previous server URL link in hopes I could fix this issue.

It appears to me that the URL that was produced on our old server is a few characters different, now that it was moved to the AWS.

Any help or troubleshooting ideas you have would be greatly appreciated.  Anyone else experience this??

Regards,

Lana Johnson

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lana

Lots to unpack here! I'm not familiar with AWS platform and don't know if you can install the required Apache Tomcat Server and compatible database (SQL Server, Oracle, etc.) which support RoboHelp Server 9 (or 10 for that matter.)

Also when I go to the URL shown in your post, it appears to be an Azure Blue Responsive HTML5 layout which I don't believe RoboHelp Server 9 supports (only 10)

Make sure you have applied all updates to your Rh 2015 client app as well as Robohelp Server 9.

Adobe - Support : RoboHelp Support Center : Service Releases

As for URLs, this is the commonly used syntax for RoboHelp Server 9 and 10:

http://<server-name>:<port-number>/<context-name>/server?prj=<project-name>&area=general

So it might look something like this:

http://localhost:8080/robohelp/server?prj=employeecare&area=humanresources

(where robohelp is the default name of the "context", employeecare is project name and human resources is the "area")

The initial topic is the "default topic" which you select in your Rh 2015 publish settings shown here:

Meanwhile, I will ask Adobe engineering to take a look at this post to see if they have any other comments. Frankly because of the complexity of your setup I'm suggesting you contact Adobe Tech Support and open a ticket on this.

Thanks

John Daigle

Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor

Evergreen, Colorado

www.showmethedemo.com

John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, some of the help projects are working on the server in the AWS environment. TomCat/SQL Server are up and running. I can now generate to the server and it is actually working. The issue now looks like our customers have a different URL in the product than the new one that I just published. It looks like the product would need to be opened and new URL added in order for this to work. However, Development says that introduces risk since some of these help projects are related to produce releases from 8 years ago. I was just trying to find out if I could get the URLs to match, but don’t think that’s possible.

If you have any other suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks,

Lana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lana,

We have responded to your query on the email. Please reply in case of any additional queries.

Regards,

Shaleen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp