• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hi, I want to sort the Topics and Folders NON-alphabetically in Contents Panel. Drag and drop is not

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robohelp - When i try to drag  Topics or Folders to place them logically rather than alphabetically, in Contents Panel (Author), a message saying "Moving.." Pop up comes which doesnt get executed at all.

Hi, I want to sort the Topics and Folders NON-alphabetically in Contents Panel. Drag and drop is not seem to be working. Every time i drag, it gets hung.

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You haven't said what version you are using but on the basis it was possible in Classic but not the new UI, I am assuming 2019 New UI or 2020.

It is not possible in the new versions as the information is read directly from File Explorer, which as alpha only. The workaround is to prefix your file names with numbering in 01 or 001 format depending on how many topics in a folder.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you  Peter Grainge for reply. I am using Robohelp 2019 the new UI. Also the idea of numbering might work but in the table of content (TOC), the number and underscores( _ ) appear which may not be the best thing for end user to see. 

Is there an easy way to get rid of underscore for Folder names in the contents Panel? As of now i am going to TOC and changing teh Folder name manually to remove underscore. Thank you!\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that changing the filenames to add the desired sort order shows to the user in the actual TOC entries. That change is sort of a "behind the scenes" thing I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Jeff says, the filename is in the Contents Panel and that is what can only be forced as I suggested. The topic title is what shows in the TOC.

You can stop RoboHelp adding underscores in Edit > Preferences but it won't affect existing filenames.

If you leave spaces, then in the browser you will see %20 in the URL, that's why underscores are preferred.

You don't have to use spaces in TOC section names.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, Peter, 

If you see teh attached file, i have mentioned the screenshots of Contents panel, TOC and Output.

If you see in Contents ideally i would want the Folder names to be without underscore ( _ )  (Here i am not talking about teh Topic name, nor the file name of the topic, but one level higher hierarchy of Folder name. Folder contains different topics under it. 

If i use default, the TOC also has same order and Output also has same order with underscore displayed for Folder names.

Any help here would be greatly appreciate. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use the photo icon to insert images within the post. Seeing an image inline with the text makes it easier for anyone answering or viewing the post.

I think what is happening is you are dragging from the Contents Panel to the TOC. What version of 2019 are you on as In an update when you drag it no longer leaves the underscore in the TOC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Thank you so mcuh for your response.

The Robohelp version is 2019.0.14 . I am A"utocreat"ing the TOC, not dragging. šŸ™‚ Is there a tutorial or something avaialable for TOC when Floders are used to club different topics?

Regards,

Sushma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robohelp 2019_Folder name .png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The nearest to a tutorial I think you will find is the RoboHelp Reimagined sample project.

For what it is worth, I just ran autocreate in 2019 and found that topics lose their underscores but not folders. In 2020, both lose the underscores.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Peter for your valuable inputs.

Regards,

Sushma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could also try this link.

Adobe RoboHelp - Resources

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp