Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Homepage wrecked?

Contributor ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Everyone.

I don't know where to start in describing the problems of this output. Have a look at the homepage (Screenshot 1). Screenshot 2 is what the homepage is supposed to look like.

NOTE-1:  I'm using a new copy of the Oceanic skin. My previous usage of Oceanic got even more messed up than this, and I had to abandon it.

NOTE-2:  the output of the second topic is also broken. Notice the multiple breadcrumbs getting repeated. There's actually 35 breadcrumbs that extend off the screen (Screenshot 3).

SCREENSHOT 1

homepage all messed up.PNG

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

SCREENSHOT 2

homepage.PNG

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

SCREENSHOT 3

Topic 2.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Hi, Everyone.

Just wanted to report a solution. My project/homepage seemed broken. But it turns out to have been a simple problem:  a link was pointing to a topic with a network address. The length of the file path might've been the problem. 

As soon as I fixed that link -- i.e., pointed the link to the file on my hard drive -- the generated output returned to normal.

BACKSTORY:   I had been experiencing slow performance in RH 2019. By adobe's advice, I moved my project folder from a network loc

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Impossible to tell what you have done from that. Send the project as before and I will try to look over the weekend.

Please include which preset is giving this.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter. Just sent it.

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Everyone.

Just wanted to report a solution. My project/homepage seemed broken. But it turns out to have been a simple problem:  a link was pointing to a topic with a network address. The length of the file path might've been the problem. 

As soon as I fixed that link -- i.e., pointed the link to the file on my hard drive -- the generated output returned to normal.

BACKSTORY:   I had been experiencing slow performance in RH 2019. By adobe's advice, I moved my project folder from a network location to my hard drive. This greatly improved RH performance. However, that's when the output got messed up.  

HOW I FOUND THE SOLUTION:  Peter gave me the idea of running a broken links report for a completely different problem. Sounded like a good thing to do for this problem. Sure enough, in the broken links report, I could see one link had an extra-long file path leading to a network drive. It was the only one. Light-bulb moment! Redirecting that link to my hard drive fixed it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp