Exit

How adjust width of left panel?

Contributor ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm running RH 2022.3.93.

In my frameless output, I need the left panel to be more narrow. I have tried going to  the frameless theme> Topic Page > Left Panel > Container and adjusting the width there, but it has no effect.  

What am I doing wrong? How do I make the panel more narrow?

Thanks!

Lori

TOPICS
Output presets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2024 Jan 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@LMS_90 Somehow your post got missed. Hopefully you found the answer but if not and for the benefit of others, this image shows what you need to adjust.

I have used points as the unit of measure but you can use whatever you prefer. 

image.png

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2024 Jan 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This will be complicated as you will need to dive into the browser Developer Tools to inspect the code and figure out all the areas that need to change.

At it's most simple, you need to change the width for both the container and tab-panel styles in the skin editor. 

In addition there is a min-width set that you can't access through the user interface. So you'd create a custom css file and add the following to the file, specifying the same width you used for the container and tab-panel styles. Then add the file under Layout > User Assets.

.RH-LAYOUT-LEFTPANEL-container {
    min-width: 120px;
}

But when you generate it, you then find the Index and Glossary tabs don't display. So you'll have to inspect the output again to figure out what you need to change to get the tabs to display. Then you'd generate again and check if there were more changes you need to figure out.

So as I said, complicated, but doable if you have advanced css skills.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp