• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I remove the numbers in the Mini TOC?

Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp Version 2020.7.46.

When I insert a Mini TOC it has numbers. I would like to either remove them or replace them with bullets.

maryjop39257697_0-1644013004955.pngmaryjop39257697_1-1644013034580.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

As Peter suggests, setting up numbering can cause this.

The most likely scenario in my experience is that you have the li tag set to list-style-type: decimal. It was pretty common for older Classic projects so if your project has been upgraded then this is something to check for. In your stylesheet look for li, then the Style field. If it says 'decimal' change it to 'none' (This screenshot is from Classic, but while the look is a bit different the location should be very similar). I don't thin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not default behaviour. Look in the sample projects and you will not see it in either of them.

Do any of your styles have numbering applied to them?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Peter suggests, setting up numbering can cause this.

The most likely scenario in my experience is that you have the li tag set to list-style-type: decimal. It was pretty common for older Classic projects so if your project has been upgraded then this is something to check for. In your stylesheet look for li, then the Style field. If it says 'decimal' change it to 'none' (This screenshot is from Classic, but while the look is a bit different the location should be very similar). I don't think this should be set in any autonumbering scenarios, but as always, do take a backup before you change anything.

Amebr_0-1644191422813.png

It's also possible you have ol set to the same value. If this is the case I would suggest a different fix, as changing that will almost certainly break your styles. Post back if changing the li doesn't fix the issue, and also let us know what the ol style is set to and I can post my recommendation for that part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked! I'm not using Classic, but the newest RoboHelp. The file was originally created 5 years ago and not by me so who knows what is in there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep, the project has been upgraded from Classic, so I presume the li setting probably came from RH11 or RH2015. While the upgrade process cleans up a lot of junk code, it typically doesn't touch valid css or html, which this example happens to be (although I don't generally recommend setting the style on an li).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp