• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how can one set advanced settings for chm output? in RH2019 classic it is available, in RH2019 not

Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I change a title of windows settings in RH2019 i need to check if this default window is used in 3 places:

html  help output settings

OlivierToeboschRD_0-1587123225363.png

but also in the advanced settings

here

OlivierToeboschRD_1-1587123270285.png

and here

OlivierToeboschRD_2-1587123295517.png

If I don't change those advanced settings in RH2019 classic, I get daughter windows.

But there is no advanced settings button in RH2019 for the output settings... and thus I get daughter windows!

best regards

Olivier

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show a screenshot of what you mean by daughter windows.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OlivierToeboschRD_0-1587126095792.png

you click on a topic in the toc. instead of remaining in the tripane main window, the topic is opened in a new window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think I have ever seen that reported for CHMs. I have seen something similar with merged webhelp when the setup was wrong. I am wondering if the TOCs are set up correctly.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah! What you are saying is if the window settings are done as you say, this doesn't happen.

I can only suggest you try a simple setup in 2019 and see if the same happens. You could download my 2019 demo and adapt that to try it.

If it does, then obviously you need the options that are not there. That would be a bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm afraid that if no one can indicate how to set those advanced settings in the windows help settings, I'm stuck to rh2019 classic.

I'll try to make a simple project in rh2019, recreate the problem (because it is like it is). I've pinpointed the cause.

the solution is making sure the elements in advanced setup are available in RH2019 new gui, somewhere I guess!

best regards

Olivier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Amebr,

From the tread hereabove, I've concluded that the solution is not available in RH2019, only in RH2019 classic.

Advanced settings for toc and index are not available anymore in RH2019 (for windows settings)

I just checked if indidual advanced settings for toc are available in RH2019, which is suggested in the link here above. That's negative too.

What I can conclude is that the common part in both idea's is the TOC where something is wrong. I think Peter is also suspecting this. Trouble is that I have around 100 subprojects with tocs. Would mean a lot of work to set every one straight. And it is only a hunch

new projects from scratch do not have this problem. it is only for old migrated projects.

I'll first try to make a simple project and try to recreate the error (as suggested by Peter). I'll see what this give as result

best regards Olivier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Olivier

I sent you a merged project generated in 2019 New UI where one project was generated with a different language window and appeared to be working OK, assuming I understood your requirements.

I haven't heard back from you so did you test it and find it did not work, given you are still saying it cannot be done in 2019 New UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Peter, not yet. I just downloaded the file you send me friday evening.

During the weekend I tried to stop thinking to work 🙂

Hope to fix this today

best regards

Olivier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp