Exit

how do I clean up the output topics that have been imported

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peter Grainge 

Hey Peter,

You asked me to send a new question in a separate post in another thread.

You told me I have to clean up the output topics that have been imported.

Can you explain here what I should do to "clean up the output topics"
and how I find which topics you've found 
that you say has been imported.

Kind Regards

Kristoffer Kajler-Wård

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

In Reports > Unused Files you will see five js files beginning wh.

In Find and Replace click Settings and deselect all options except Source Code. Search on whmsg.js (the first of the five) and it will return six topics. Those are the files that need to be rebuilt.

For the amount of time fixing those. it will be quicker to recreate new topics and then delete the old ones. Copy the text into a text editor and then into the new topics, that gets rid any formatting from the source. Then add you

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Reports > Unused Files you will see five js files beginning wh.

In Find and Replace click Settings and deselect all options except Source Code. Search on whmsg.js (the first of the five) and it will return six topics. Those are the files that need to be rebuilt.

For the amount of time fixing those. it will be quicker to recreate new topics and then delete the old ones. Copy the text into a text editor and then into the new topics, that gets rid any formatting from the source. Then add your images back in. Once done, trash the old topics and add you new ones to the TOC, add any index words and so on. Finally delete those js files from the project. You can right click them in the report to do that.

In that report you will see a lot of other topics. They are the ones that need to be added to your TOC or they will not get into the build.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the topics that need to be added to the TOC, I can imagine scenarios where you want to include the topic in the output , but not have it in the TOC. In this case, when you add the topic to the TOC you can tick a checkbox, "Hide in output", in the Properties panel. This means RH will include the topic when it generates, but won't include it in the table of contents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Peter Grainge 

Thanks once again!

I have now cleanded those files in our robohelp-project
I also removed all files that was in unused and unreferenced in the project for the next release.
The were out of date and not relevant anymore.

Kind Regards

Kristoffer Kajler-Wård

Pengvin Affärssystem AB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp