• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do i make a duplicate copy of an existing robohelp 2019 xpj project?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking for help on how i make a duplicate of my rh 2019 xpj project, reataing all docs, links, toc, index, etc.  Is there a way to do this, without affecting my original project, so the origirnal project can be used for the new project edits/updates/additions/deletions? 

Thanks for any help, instructions to accomplish.  

Matt

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Hi Jeff, thanks for the quick reply...  i've followed your second suggestion, and making some progress i think (hope)... do you know how i can edit the output .chm file name when i create?  Even though i have updated the project name, and saved, when i create the output, it is picking up my original project name (but saved in the new copy/folder location.

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Think i found how to change this, under the ouput settings... really appreciate the help Jeff, may have a few more questions as i go along.  Thanks again, Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 ways I think - inside RH with the original project open, do a Save As to another folder; or outside of RH, copy the whole folder structure of the project to another folder, then open the new copy up in RH and rename it to the new title.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, thanks for the quick reply...  i've followed your second suggestion, and making some progress i think (hope)... do you know how i can edit the output .chm file name when i create?  Even though i have updated the project name, and saved, when i create the output, it is picking up my original project name (but saved in the new copy/folder location.

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Think i found how to change this, under the ouput settings... really appreciate the help Jeff, may have a few more questions as i go along.  Thanks again, Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, skip the Save As bit - got that confused with the Rename Project function (d'oh!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp