• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you all run analytics on PDFs accessed by customers via Search? Any suggestions?

Explorer ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I use Robohelp 2019 and am creating a frameless output.  By the very nature of frameless output, my imported PDFs open outside the project frame (in a new tab). I have embedded analytics on my Robohelp topic pages (via the master page). But since PDFs open outside the project, I am unable to run analytics on the PDF pages accessed by a customer (especially if they're accessed via Search). Is there a way to monitor hits on PDF pages if they are accessed via Search? How do you all monitor hits on your PDFs? Any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your replies. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought Peter suggested in your other thread (https://community.adobe.com/t5/robohelp/frameless-output-how-to-make-imported-pdf-files-open-within-...) that you check with your analytics provider to see what they suggest on how to track PDF hits?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I am aware. The experts also suggested I ask others how they're handling this issue, so put the question to the community. Perhaps other users have experience to share? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp