• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How does the developer call responsive HTML5 help with VB.Net?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am working with a developer who has not worked with help a great deal, I have never programed software to call help so am not much help to him . The software currently has webhelp and it is called in one of 3 ways - either with the Contents, Search or Index tab open. We are trying to change to Responsive HTML5 help and he is using VB.Net.

He tells me he cannot get the app which comes with Robohelp to work so please can someone give me the VB.Net code which says open the parent of my merged help project outputs to the index page with the Contents tab showing, then again with the Index tab showing and a third time with the Search tab showing. Hopefully he will then be able to use this to call the help and make it display in an IE browser (we work with the NHS so have to support IE) without it throwing up lots of complains about scripts.

He has looked at the help within RoboHelp but says it is not helping him.

Thanks in advance

Erika

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out Willam's site - www.wvanweelden.eu/ for help on calling HTML5 help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

I sent him there 2 weeks ago and he is still having a problem which was why I was asking if I could get the actuall code written out to give to him. There must be someone who develops in VB.Net and calls the help with the Contents tab that would be willing to share their bit of code.

Thanks

Erika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe a bit late but someone else asked a mutual contact if they could help. They came back with this.

I came across something on these lines in VB.NET. Have used in C# many years back something similar but that was for .chm file

https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/6661/Integrate-Help-Into-Your-NET-Apps (Can use .chm and also .htm as input)

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6661411/clicking-on-a-button-to-display-chm-help-file-in-vb-net

not sure if this might be of help.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp