• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to change the output look and feel of microcontent in robohelp2020

Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating FAQ through Microcontent. By default, the output of microcontent is drop-down style. Is it anyway possible to show them as normal FAQ or change the look and feel of the output with spacing between two questions.

Moderator: I have changed the version in the title.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't think so - especially since that's an old version now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you do microcontent in RH2019? I hadn't thought that was added until RH2020. Can you post more details?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry it is RH2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If someone doesn't come with any ideas sooner, I'll have a poke around in a couple of days when I have access to RH2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Amebr is the person who has most chance of answering the question (no pressure, sorry) but if you want an FAQ page, why not just create the questions as headings with the answers below or use dropdowns with more space below.

I'm not getting why you are using microcontent if it is not giving you what you want.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Amebr .

Thanks @Peter Grainge I am a big fan of you, since the day I started using RH.

I like the way microcontent picks up the content from across the pages and rendering them under one single page. Also, I like to experiment possible ways to use this features.

If microcontent can be customisible, it could be of great help. One single FAQ page with multiple sections, and grouping multiple microcotent FAQs. This might reduce updating the single information across pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see why you want to deploy microcontent now.

Let's see what @Amebr can conjure up. If no luck, I will make enquiries of Adobe.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By adding a blank intent row I am getting this in an FAQ type page. Unfortunately a hyphen is generated and I can't see any way of getting rid of that. Maybe one of the styles in chatbot.css controls that allowing a margin-bottom to be added?

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks alot @Peter Grainge for the quick response. This could work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The style of the intent is a.dropspot. You can edit the margin there to give the gap below. The problem though is that will affect all your hyperlinks.

Where you add the intent, you cannot apply a class of dropspot so the only option using CSS is apply a different class to all your other hyperlinks. Without knowing how many you have, I cannot say whether or not that is practical.

I suggest you create a feature request that allows a unique dropspot to be applied either automatically by RoboHelp or by users.

Please follow this link to report bugs or request new features. https://tracker.adobe.com. Post the link to your bug report / feature request in this thread and others can vote for it. The more people who do so, the higher it gets prioritised.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you might be able to add the space you want by creating a new style in your stylesheet.

I'm normally reluctant to change a style to inline-block as it can have unintended consequences (inheriting margin and padding from elsewhere for example). However, you can try this and test thoroughly to see if it works for your project.

a.faq-dropspot {
    display: inline-block;
    margin-top: 10px;
}

I think margin-top will work better than bottom, as the way the code is arrange, using margin-bottom will add space between the heading and the definition text as well, which you might not want. But feel free to change margin-top to margin-bottom if that works better for you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice one @Amebr. I tried it with the display line commented out and it seemed to work just as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Amebr thanks for your efforts. Your suggestion helped me alot and it works as I expected.

Adobe Robohelp team must come up with options to define the microcontent output or allow customization.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you haven't already, I'd still suggest creating a feature request as it should be easier to configure, I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp