• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to design a cover page in robohelp?

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to design a cover page for my robohelp project. From cover page, I mean when I generate the output, one cover page should appear for few seconds, instead of the default selected topic.

I tried splash screen, but it is not working either. I want a good design page when I open my robohelp help manual.

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you are describing sounds exactly like a splash screen. You are referring to a manual, which sounds more like a Word or PDF document, but you must mean an online output.

You haven't said whether you are using a Classic version or a New UI version. 2019 came in both forms and 2020 is new UI only. Because both the new UI versions use strict CSS3 and HTML5 standards, you should be able to do anything permitted by those standards. The catch is that you will need advanced knowledge of those standards.

Perhaps one thing you could explore is a redirect topic. You would make what you want as the splash screen the default topic. With a redirect you can set it to call another topic after a period of time. Generally though I think that most people found them annoying as they stopped users getting to what they want quickly and they rather fell out of use.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. I am using Roboehelp 11 Classic version, and yes by manual, I mean an output file.

When I preview a splash screen topic, it appears blank, I am unable to see any splash screen image in the preview., and also in the output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the answer to your problem is here. It seems the splash screen feature is specifically for the CHM output but there is a workaround described.

I wouldn't be at all surprised that it no longer works as RoboHelp 11 is an old version and browser changes mean there are incompatibilities, both for this and other features.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Apparantly I can view the gif in the preview, but not the bmp image. Also, I tried the link you shared, gif is appearing as a image during the preview, but when I am generating the output, nothing is appearing there.

Still Stuck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but I am now travelling without a RoboHelp machine. Hopefully someone else can help. If not, try Support. See https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your Adobe Support options. The email link tcssup@adobe.com is recommended as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including RoboHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No Worries Peter, thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp