• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to display the search result alphabetically in Robohelp HTML5 output?

Participant ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to display the search result alphabetically in Robohelp responsive HTML5 output. I use Robohelp 2019 and the search result is not shown alphabetically.

PFA screenshot - I searched for Add Asset. The search result is showing the first topic starting with the letter "i" and then "A",  "W", and "G".

LijaN_0-1666762508178.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to this old thread (https://community.adobe.com/t5/robohelp-discussions/sort-search-results-alphabetically-in-robohelp-9...) there was no way to influence this ranking in the RH UI. The suggested hack to the output's JavaScript file might work with HTML5 output, but it might have changed. You'd probably need a JS programmer to have a look to see what might be edited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Searches are ranked by various factors. What you need is an Index.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The index is already added. But they need search results to be displayed alphabetically. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand what you want but that's not an option, I therefore suggested an index as something alphabetical.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sure Peter..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp