Exit

How to edit index.slp so that changes appear in both index.htm and index1.htm

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using RH 11

Output in HTML5

When generating HTML5 output, two index files are created: index.htm, and index1.htm

From what I can tell, index.htm is what's used by your browser when viewing the output full-screen, on your average desktop PC. In this mode, the A-Z Index appears to the left of my window, within a 'sidebar'.

Index1.htm is used for smaller screen sizes, such as when viewed on a tablet, or when you manually modify your browser window such that it's not full-screen i.e. shrunk enough that the browser switches into 'tablet-view' mode (for want of a better description). In this mode, the A-Z Index appears in the middle of the window (where 'topic' content normally appears).

If I use RoboHelp to edit RoboHelp's A-Z Index source template (index.slp), any changes I make are then visible in the index1.htm format, but not the index.htm format.

For example, if I want to add our Corporate logo to the A-Z Index, and position it under the A-Z Index filter box, it's easy enough for me to make that change in the source file. Upon generating the output, though, the logo appears correctly when viewing it on a tablet (i.e. tablet-view' mode), but is not visible when viewing full-screen (i.e. when the A-Z Index is positioned in the sidebar, to the left of the window).

As most of our users use desktop PCs, they'll be viewing our content full-screen, so it's important that I have control over what the A-Z Index looks like when viewed this way. I do have full control over the design of the index in this mode i.e. the font, colours etc, and any changes I make to the A-Z Index in that regard are displayed correctly. But any content I add to the index.slp source file never shows, when viewed full-screen.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

The sidebar is controlled in the Topic.slp so I think you need to make a similar change there.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sidebar is controlled in the Topic.slp so I think you need to make a similar change there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

lol

So it is.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp