• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to edit or remove topicfooter.htm and homepagefooter.htm from output

Participant ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a frameless skin, Robohelp 2020.7 and it generates two files in a folder called "template\<name of my skin> called topicfooter.htm and homepagefooter.htm. These files are causing us trouble (some malware detectors don't like the references to http:/www.example.com because it is not https. I could not find anywhere in the RH skin editor that allows me to edit or eliminate these two files. Does anyone know how?

Jim 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see any way to prevent them being generated. Even specifying you own footer content doesn't change the content of these template files as far as I can tell.

Maybe the best way would be write a script to change the example URL in these files as part of the generation process (to https). There's a field in the output preset to select a post generation script.

If that's not possible, you'll have to find the applicable seed file in the Robohelp installation directory and edit that to change the http to https. But be aware this will likely be overwritten whenever RH is updated.

You can request features and report issues here: https://tracker.adobe.com/
Post the item number in the discussion so people can easily vote if they want the same functionality. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible to remove them but I don't have access to a RoboHelp machine at the moment. I'll get back as soon as I can but it may be a few days. 

Try applying your own master page in the preset. 

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure there is no setting in the skin or maybe the preset for Use Home Page Footer? 

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure there is no setting in the skin or maybe the preset for Use Home Page Footer? 

Not to stop them being created entirely.

If you don't specify a footer file in the output, the footer doesn't display, but the template file still gets generated into the output template folder with the example URL. Similarly if you set the container display to none in the skin the template file is still generated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JamesJim Is the issue that you are seeing the footer with your home page and topics or simply that those files exist?

If the latter, have you tried simply deleting them to see if it affects your output. I don't think it will but that needs testing. Alternatively, edit them and insert a URL that doesn't cause grief.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the late reply. For some reason I am no longer getting notified when someone replies to my items. 

Anyway, since my last post, the problem has gotten worse. Even if I remove these two files, the malware detector is still flagging something in the Robohelp output. We use Teams to transfer a zip file of the RH output. When I put the zip file on Microsoft Teams or Onedrive, it gets flagged as malware. I've been slowly eliminating files to try to figure out which file(s) is/are the culprit. Since it sometimes takes an hour or more before the detection triggers, it is difficult to run tests. At first, we thought the problem was with the two files mentioned but we later found that after removing those files, the zip file still triggers the malware detection algorithm.

Our setup is in a corporate environment that uses ATP malware detection, so I don't know if everyone would see this. But we have customers who may do the same thing so we really can't use RH until this issue is resolved. The problem with going to support is that I am worried that they will just say it is a Microsoft's detection problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over the years I have seen various threads stating that some virus checker or other is reporting a security issue. Nearly always it turns out to be false. I think only once was it true. 

This has to be taken up with Adobe. See https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your Adobe Support options. The email link tcssup@adobe.com is recommended as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including RoboHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you taken this up with Support? I have contacted Engineering and got this response.

For the other case where user mentioned that their file was still being flagged even after deleting these files, we can’t be sure what is the issue until we reproduce the issue or we can have a look at the generated report. I would suggest user to create a new project and generate frameless output (delete footer files if not deleted). Then scan it through the same system and see if files are still flagged. This way we can at least be sure if the issue is in RH files or in user’s content.

Let me know where you have got to and then we can work out the best way to get back to Adobe.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@JamesJim Could you please let us know the outcome of your approach to Support? Have they confirmed or denied it is a security risk?

I think they will need to take it up with Engineering and it is they who have asked for the test I mentioned.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp