• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to embed video which by default launches in a new tab?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to embed a  video in webhelp which by default opens at its Youtube address in a separate tab.

Customers with limited (or, no) internet access tend to see 'Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage' plop in the middle of the page which we'd like to avoid.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Your question is very curious. You ask:

I would like to embed a  video in webhelp which by default opens at its Youtube address in a separate tab.

Then you continue with:

Customers with limited (or, no) internet access...

The only way to view YouTube videos on YouTube is to be connected to the internet, no?

I'm not sure I follow the remainder of the query.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose I should add that when you mention WebHelp, I'm making an assumption that the WebHelp is being viewed via a web server perhaps on the internet. I do see where one might have it configured where it's on a company intranet or even installed on a local PC. And in those cases there may not be internet access. Is that what you mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes!

I am hosting it on the intranet and machines with no access to internet tend to see the following-

which I'd like to avoid as it seemingly leaves a bad impression (my team opines).

A Youtube video which by default plays in a new tab seems to be the only solution in this situation.

Could you please help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp