Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to manage spacing between topics

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I've recently upgraded to RoboHelp 2019 - which seems great so far. However, I thought I remember the ability to have topics blend across pages in previous RoboHelp versions - and not force a page break for each new topic.

Right now, I have an 'all or nothing' problem: My topics are fairly short, which means I have tons of empty white space on each page after the topic has concluded. In some instances, I have merged topics where appropriate - but if that causes the page to overrun, I suddenly have three lines on the following page followed by tons of white space (due to the page break).

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions are how they manage their content in this respect?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In an output there will be white space if the topic does not fill the screen. I'm not sure what you are expecting to happen there.

Pages are a print concept. What page break are you referring to?

Are you saying that if you print a short topic it is printing on multiple pages? If yes, then there must be empty paragraphs below the content.

If you can clarify these things, hopefully I can help.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I remember the ability to have topics blend across pages in previous RoboHelp versions - and not force a page break for each new topic.

Not sure what you mean by that.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter.

Thank you for this.

To clarify: Is there way to stop RoboHelp from creating a new page for each new topic?

I'm sure I remember the option to have topics merge across pages in previous versions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about printed documentation as that's they only thing that seems to apply here?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you did mean Printed Documentation, what you want is not currently possible. It is scheduled for an update. If you meant something else, let us know what.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Apologies - I was on a half-day yesterday, so couldn't respond.

I was referring to printed documentation - if that now makes more sense.

Thank you for your responses and patience - I'm new to RoboHelp, so it might (ironically) a little trickier to convey what I mean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It does make sense now. Sorry it's not the answer you want but at least you know you are not missing something.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp