• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to reduce captured image size without losing resolution?

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2009 Jun 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've used RoboScreenCapture extensively in caputring web application screen shots for my webhelp pages. However, I'll be creating another manual soon that will require smaller sized versions of screen shots, both as a preference by my co-workers and to minimize space and topic length. Does anyone know of a good way to accomplish this and still maintain quality images?

I've tried editing and resizing, but the resolution becomes distored.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Jul 07, 2009 Jul 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Please do try it out. I'd be interested if you were to try the ReSizer, Visio, Word and SnagIt and post back with what you feel the best approach seems to result in from your view.

That may help others with this question.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2009 Jul 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You read my mind, Rick. I'd be happy to post my results!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Despite having both PhotoShop and SnagIt, the results were sub-optimal. The final deliverable is a PDF generated from a PowerPoint, and the objective to place the resized screenshot inside a tablet surround. The text worked well when resizing separate images in PowerPoint rather than trying to create a composite one outside and then importing it. PowerPoint seems to handle the screenshot resizing well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp