Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove Glossary from the skin?

Mentor ,
Jul 25, 2014 Jul 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am using RH10, TCS4 and am publishing to WebHelp. I create custom skin as per our branding guidelines and share it with my team.

I am aware of deselecting the Glossary checkbox from the WebHelp Output settings. But is there a way I remove it from the custom skin itself so that they will have one task less to do while publishing the output?

Sreekanth

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 28, 2014 Jul 28, 2014

I'm not sure if it'll work, but you can try the follosing:

1. Open the .skn file with a text editor.
  2. Search for the text 'built-in-glossary' and remove the tag with its children.
  3. Search for '<subpane name="Glossary">' and remove the tag with its children.
  4. Save changes.

Now try to generate. You have removed the glossary pane from the skin definition, but I'm not sure whether RoboHelp will accept this. Let me know how you fare.

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 28, 2014 Jul 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if it'll work, but you can try the follosing:

1. Open the .skn file with a text editor.
  2. Search for the text 'built-in-glossary' and remove the tag with its children.
  3. Search for '<subpane name="Glossary">' and remove the tag with its children.
  4. Save changes.

Now try to generate. You have removed the glossary pane from the skin definition, but I'm not sure whether RoboHelp will accept this. Let me know how you fare.

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect! You are genius...

Now that I know I can open SKN in a notepad, I will try to remove other unwanted stuff. Thanks Willam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

🙂 Just make sure to let us know whether this strategy works. I've never tried it myself and I don't know whether RH likes this change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couln't disable the glossary using this tip, what else coul I try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This thread is seven year old. There have been several versions of RoboHelp in that time. You haven't told us which version you are using or which skin.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp