• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to update hyperlink for a TOC, Index, Glossary button

Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to update the hyperlink for my HTML5 RoboHelp 2015 project...but for the life of me I cannot find that option in the screen layout editor!

The URLs need to be updated in order to fix broken links.

Anyone guide me to the right location to update the URL for the TOC, Index, Glossary, and Favorites buttons?

Screenshot of the issue is below.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Curious if you just create a new screen layout and give the new one the name you wish if the same issue persists?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm more than a bit confused with this question. The links from these icons are totally managed by RoboHelp at the time you generate your output and there should never be an issue with them.

Perhaps it would help us in troubleshooting if you could explain what you are seeing that leads you to believe they need to be changed?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's exactly what I thought! This all happened when I renamed my screen layout.

I need to update the link because they are all broken when the browser is NOT in maximize window. When the window is maximized, all the links function properly. When the window is not maximized, the links are trying to access the old screen layout "cas info favourites" and are therefore breaking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious if you just create a new screen layout and give the new one the name you wish if the same issue persists?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like an issue that I can't track at the moment but I thought it was in an earlier version of RoboHelp whereby there was a problem that was fixed by resizing the window. I am not even sure it was broken links and rather think it was something else. However, it prompts the thought of checking that you do have all the updates applied.

[Suggestion to try another layout removed, already covered by Captv8r]

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm. A good question on the updates. I think I will try to open a backed up version of my project and see what happens then. If that doesnt work, I'll create a new screen layout. Very, very odd problem. On "Maximized" window, you cannot even try to get the hyperlinks from inspecting the buttons, but when in any other window size, and the layout adapts to html5, you can hover over and see the links and see that they are trying to link to a file path that no longer exists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do post the solution in due course.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately there was not a good solution possible. I am now forced to simply create a brand new screen layout. I think you were correct, however, in terms of the problem being related to robohelp upgrades.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp