• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML Links work locally, but fail when uploaded to Web server

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2015 Oct 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a set of help files that contain multiple links both within a topic and between topics. The links work locally, but when uploaded, the links are broken. Is there a way for me to identify those links that will fail before I upload the project?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you disrupting the paths between topics when posting to the webserver? If everything stays the same relative to each other, then the links should work. You may want to check for “absolute” links in your topics – that might be the culprit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'll double check. It only seems to happen on a few links.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S® 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Can you post a screen capture of the Hyperlink Properties dialog for one of those links that fails?

If you do this, please ensure you reply using the web browser and use the CAMERA ICON you see above where you type your reply.

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2015 Oct 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Captiv8r: Here are two screen shots of the failed links. When the project is Generated, some of the links change to the Remote URLs. The image on the right is how I create the links to the bookmarks in the topic page. The Topic Preview of the page has fully functioning links. It does not happen with each link, but enough to keep my project from being deployed.

Hyperlink Fail Example.pngHyperlinkAsMade.png

The only other thing that I observe about the failed links is that there is a colon in the heading it is linked to. For example, Target Resource: Site. I went ahead and tested links after generating and after publishing, and all links worked. I hesitate to upload again to the Web server, as the facility is in Europe, and I want to ensure I have a solution before exercising them again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp