Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML Output size is huge when extracted

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I zip and email my HTML outputs to a client. Unzipped the file size is about 4MB. 

For whatever reason when the client unzips it, it becomes 10 times bigger (if not more). 

Does anyone have any idea on why this happens? 

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Output presets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing to do with RH, but it might depend on the tool you use to zip it up and what they use to unzip it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I use the regular windows tool and so do they. I'll try something else, though and share it with them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you specify the name of the folder to be unzipped to? Is it possible that there are old copies of the files still in the destination folder? I had something come up like this - many years ago - where the destination folder had something like this:

Destination-folder\Version-1

Destination-folder\Version-2

Destination-folder\Version-3

and so when I looked at the Destination-folder, it was huge compared to the .zip file. The customer hadn't followed the instructions I had provided which included the step of deleting Destination-folder prior to unzipping.

I have no idea if anything like this would be relevant to your situation...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp