• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML Search - Can't limit to whole words

Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did an HTML5 output in 2019 classic. I searched the term TEC-X and it brought up 367 results. Many of them were just the letter X. Is there a setting in the ouput that I need to change so that it just searches for whole words? Below is an example of what I am saying:

juliannam27523423_0-1627570007554.png

Thank you in advance for your help.

TOPICS
Classic , Output presets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

And what happens if you don't have sub-string search enabled and use quotes around your search term?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IIRC that's "sub-string" search - check your SSL Output settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I unchecked the "sub-string" search box. That helps get rid of many of the x's (except those that are by themselves and capitalized). But it also brings up a bunch of pages that have no highlights in the text from the search result. I tried all kinds of combinations of the settings but unchecking the "sub-string" box seems the best of many evils. Our customers will have to go through so many pages that have nothing on them related to the search.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what happens if you don't have sub-string search enabled and use quotes around your search term?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It only brings up the phrase that I entered.

Thanks Jeff!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more question. Is this also the way to do it for RH 2020 as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That one I'm not sure on - check Peter's excellent site for clues on RH2020 features - grainge.org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe the search technology in RH2019 New UI and RH2020 changed, so the search is rather different. In addition to reading Peter's excellent site, I would recommend thorough testing as in my brief testing some of the settings don't seem to work exactly the same way as classic.

I haven't yet tested the latest RH2020, so it's possible some of the behaviour I was seeing was bugs in 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp