• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML5 generated content defaults 0 search results

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project that was originally built on RoboHelp 11 and that we are now updating with RoboHelp 19 run in classic mode.  Since we made that change, when I generate the content, if someone tries to search the results are showing with zero results per page, which just shows a bunch of numbers (so that you can navigate to other pages of results, except all of those pages are blank with no results).  If you change your search options to something other than the "blank" that defaults, you can see results.  I found where to set this in the output options, and it was already set to 10, so i changed it to 15 just to see if it would make any difference.  It didn't.  Not only do users need to update this value the first time they search, they have to update it every single time they search, which means that every search looks like it isn't working and then requires several steps to fix.  Any suggestions for how to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you applied the 2019 updates?

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, we applied the update yesterday, and still have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open one of the sample projects and see if search works there. Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.

Also in your project create a new skin with a slightly different name and see if that works.

If still stuck, search the forums for Search not working. Maybe one of the threads there will help. Otherwise try Adobe Support.

Let us know the outcome.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen this before but I can't recall if there was a solution. Perhaps some more information will help me remember.

I assume you are generating HTML5 Responsive, but can you confirm that you're not using HTML5 Multiscreen?

Does this happen in all browsers?

Where is the output located when you see the problem? You local PC? A network drive? A web server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Several hours after we applied the update and re-published, the search started working.  I'm assuming that it was a result of the update, because that was the only big change I made.  I will refer to these other suggestions if it ever comes up again, thanks everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp