Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML5 Layout Customization - Ultimate Goal, Be Like Chrome Help

Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HTML5 Layout Customization - Ultimate Goal, Be Like Chrome Help

Working on a new template for our division's many Help systems, using HTML5 Responsive Layout (Azure). I customized the template somewhat, using the Output Setup. When I presented the draft template to management, I was told it didn't look modern enough. As a reference, they want me to shoot for something more like Chrome's Help.

First question, is how to switch the navigation pane (TOC, Index, Search, Glossary) to display on the right, instead of the left.

I saw something that said this was an option for left-right language systems, but I don't see it as an out of the box option in RH2015.

If someone tells me it is an option in RH2017, I will be eternally grateful! If it isn't available as a standard option, any suggestions for how to do it? We are already planning top switch to one of the new layouts so we can use the landing page / search features.

Is anyone designing Help to be displayed like Chrome does it - see here:  Chrome Help  ???

-Laurin Marden

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. Willam is my RH Hero (along with Peter and other long-suffering experts) but I just downloaded RH2017 and the Indigo layout is pretty much what I was looking for!  Yay!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spoke too soon. The Indigo Layout puts the navigation pane on the right, which is perfect, but the Search results are on the right nav pane as well - there is no option in the layout setup to switch the results to display in the main window (as there is in the Azure Blue layout). So the layout addresses one requirement, but takes another away.

They also hate Twisties, and want drop-downs to look like this:

sampledropdown.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Wondering if the answer isn't as simple as just using the Azure Blue layout you mentioned but just turning off the TOC. Once you have turned off the TOC, you create a main page that behaves as you want. Then configure that as the default topic.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp