• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML5: Previous & Next buttons do not appear in MS Internet Explorer

Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re:  The "Previous" and "Next" buttons in HTML5 output.

The Previous and Next icons do not appear when using MS Internet Explorer 11 and RoboHelp 2017.

They appear fine in Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.

Does anyone know a fix to this?

Thanks.

Mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, do you have a Browse Sequence defined?

These buttons are normally presented in order to move through a defined browse sequence. So it could be that IE is behaving as expected but FF and Chrome are the ones with the issues.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have browse sequences defined -- which is why they work in Chrome and Firefox.  It's only Internet Explorer that doesn't display them.

I'm working in state government, with heavy cyber security, firewalls, all kinds of security and network complications. I don't know if that could have anything to do with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL, your initial post simply stated that you weren't seeing them. This has been a common complaint among RoboHelp users for many years before Responsive even came along. So it's a bit of an educated "shot in the dark" and "knee jerk" question to ask if Browse Sequences are being used. In many cases the answer to that question is "What's a Browse Sequence?".

As with anything, I suppose security changes might have something to do with it.

Do they appear when you run the output locally? Then they disappear once it's uploaded to a server?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re: Do they appear when you run the output locally?

That's a good question.  The answer, though, is that even run locally, the icons do not appear when viewed with IE browser.

One thing about Browse Sequences that is easy to forget is that you have to not only create them, but that you also have to enable them via the Output dialog box.  (In this case, though, I've got them created and enabled.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL, well, one would think that the fact they were visible would mean they were enabled.

I really wish I had a decent answer for why they aren't appearing on IE. Likely down to some obscure security setting or some CSS element thing that Adobe will need to address.

Perhaps file a bug report?

http://www.tracker.adobe.com

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will do that.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp