• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML5 published to web freezes

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RH 2019 with the latest fixes. It's a merged project with Azure Blue layout. I generate once but post twice: once is via our software using CSH and once is to our client web portal (not CSH). When called via our software, everything works fine. When called from our web portal, however, and the search/side navigation is invoked, the page freezes on latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, IE. We have a coworker on an older web browser (I'm not sure what though) for whom everything works fine. I last posted to the web 5/11 and it worked for everyone. The freezing was first reported on 6/18. Anyone have any suggestions? 

Moderator: Title changed to "published" for clarity.

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you confirm the full version number you have installed? Go to File > Help and post the full version number listed under Product Information?

There were problems with search in update 13, so make sure you have 14 and report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Amebr I have version 14.0.13.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a problem for Classic user with Update 13. Apply Update 14 and you should be OK.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I'm still experiencing freezing issues. I did a new publish using 14.0.14.002. Any other suggestions or additional information I should be sharing here?

Or is this sounding more like a Adobe work ticket kind of thing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you get any message or just a spinning icon? Are there any errors in the browser developer tools Console tab?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using RoboHelp Classic or the New UI?

If the latter, has this problem occurred when you changed to the New UI?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that lots of other people are not reporting this suggests something local to you. Another forum supporter had a problem where certain topics were blank. That was resolved by asking the web admin to clear the cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My web team tried clearing the cache and also moving to another server and it still freezes. Even when I open locally, it freezes. I reached out to Adobe who suggested trying to output using Reimagined. I'm in the process of converting a test copy of my project. We didn't use Reimagined when it first came out because it wasn't robust enough plus it didn't work with TFS. That was a year ago or more, so I'm willing to try it again. Wish me luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Support should know better than to refer to the New UI version of RoboHelp as RoboHelp Reimagined. RoboHelp Reimagined is a sample project that ships with 2019 New UI.

By all means upgrade your project making sure you have Update 14 applied first. However, you might also or instead want to try generating an publishing the RoboHelp Reimagined sample project as that will eliminate whether or not the issue is something to do with your project.

WebHelp doesn't exist in the New UI. What you have instead is a responsive skin but with responsiveness turned off. That way the screen doesn't change when the user resizes the window. You can turn it back on if you wish in the Skin properties.

Anyway, give it all a try and let us know how you get on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the 2019 RH (not the Classic) does not freeze up when posted! If the 2019 RH plays well with TFS then I guess we'll be officially upgrading our project. If it does not, then you'll find me crying under my desk.

However, we have a merged project with a redirect (as per your instructions, @Peter Grainge, THANK YOU). With the 2019 Classic project converted directly into the new 2019 format, the landing page nests so that there are two side navigation panels: the outter navigation is the correct format (slightly modified Azure Blue) and the inner shows regular Blue Azure (it's for all the child projects) with the desired landing page throwing a 404. The outtermost navigation works and when clicking around there, the page fixes itself and works normally. Is there a modification needed for the redirect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You don't need the redirect in New UI. See Merged Help on my site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp