Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlink to Table of Contents

Mentor ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am creating a mobile app from RH11. In this, I have a ToC button at the bottom which is working fine. However, the client is now asking for words/ images to be hyperlinked to the ToC as well. When the user clicks that word / image they should be taken to the ToC page from where they can navigate through the course as usual.

Is this possible? If yes, how?

Thanks

Sreekanth

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The app simply replicates whatever is put into the responsive layout. Achieve it there and it should be in the app. Note that I say "should" as it's possible the conversion might not be able to handle certain operations.

I am not quite following what the client wants. From what you say the user has to tap (you tap in an app, not click) a word or an image to be taken to the TOC. Where is that word or image appearing in the first place? Are you wanting a page with words or images that takes the user to the TOC? That seems to be an extra step towards finding the content. In any case I am not aware of any way of creating links to the TOC, if that is what you want.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The course has some HTML pages with text and images. Nothing fancy. very basic stuff. The client wants some text to go to the TOC. Here is a sample text.

"Click here to view the ToC."  -- The word "here" must be linked to ToC.

This is just one more way of finding the content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand the workflow now and I think if you could get that working from any topic, it should still work in the app. However, what I don't know is how to call the TOC from a topic.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp