Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlinking to DHTML Drop-down Text in RH2017

Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is it possible to link directly to text within a drop-down text in RH2017 (meaning, the drop-down will expand and link directly to its designated image/text), instead of it only jumping to the hotspot?

I manage several projects with multiple (10-12) FAQ topics, each topic containing 0-15 FAQs, so I use DHTML drop-down hotspots/text for each FAQ, just makes it look neater/shorter. But it gets very confusing (and honestly doesn't even make sense) when the links jump only to the hotspot and not directly to the corresponding text within the hotspot that I am referring to.

I asked this question in a separate Forum thread (How can I configure Robohelp to display search results in DHTML drop-down hotspots? ) a few weeks ago, and have not received an answer.

Thank you so much!!

Tabby W.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did respond by saying that there was a method that used to be on another site and advising that I would ping the site owner, which I did.

I am sorry that they have not responded but there is nothing else I can do. I don't have any details of the method myself.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is also the point that the solution that did exist was for webhelp and if anyone can dredge it up, it may well not work in responsive help.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, unfortunately, the link provided in the last thread no longer works and I don't know how to reach the site owner.

And I am using Responsive HTML5, not WebHelp.

I'm thinking there is no solution here and I should rework everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said, I did contact the site owner so keep your fingers crossed. However, it is likely to be a webhelp solution only.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - I do appreciate your help. I'm just anxious to have a resolution to this issue already!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Given the situation, I know it seems "neater", but perhaps you might consider abandoning the DHTML Drop Downs in favor of spreading the FAQ vertically up and down the page. Then having links at the top of the page that point to the answers farther down.

I know this sounds a bit onerous and lots of work, but it's really quite simple to achieve. Just spread the information out. Then ensure you format each question as a heading. Perhaps Heading 3? Then at the top of the page insert a Topic TOC and configure it to use Heading 3. Boom, the page is done!

Although, to link to a specific question, you WILL need to insert a bookmark so you can link to it.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just learned my contact is offline for a couple of weeks and, even then, I am doubtful there will be a solution.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Peter!! I am taking Rick's suggestion and removing the DHTML; just easier that way. It's a shame, tho' - would be cool functionality if it worked the way I need it to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp