• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlinks break in RoboHelp 2019 when generated as ASPX and published to SharePoint.

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp 2019 issue

My co-worker and I both have documents that have 3 different types of Hyperlinks:

1. References inside the same long topic which allows the user to jump to a bookmark.

2. References to another external RH document via a web address hyperlink.

3. References inside the same document but a different topic. Tried Search Content for Topic Header and using Bookmarks.  

When I preview in HTM, all the links work perfectly and look just fine.  When I generate as ASPX and post to Sharepoint, we have problems.  The first two work fine. The third gives us the following error. "The page you're looking for doesn't exist. Check for a typo in the URL or go to the site home".  Neither of us are typing these in by hand.  We're selecting them from the content menu.  How can these be broken? It seems like this just has to be a setting somewhere but we can't figure out what it is.  I'd post pics but my network security won't allow. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2019 Classic or New UI?

Please clarify what you mean by Document. RoboHelp has topics.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies.  It is the new UI. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... and my query about "documents". I am not clear on what you are linking to as RoboHelp has topics.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right. I should have said "Projects". From my business stakeholder's perspectives, they are just documents.  

Each projects have the three different types of hyperlinks - inside the same topic, inside the same project but different topic and links to external pages.  When I preview as HTM, they all work; however, when I generate at Frameless with a SharePoint output and post to SP, the links within the the project but in a different topic will break.  Does that help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that when you publish to Sharepoint all the topics are created with the aspx extension. The first scenario is to a bookmark so no file name or extension involved. The second scenario is direct to the target so there is nothing that is going to change there.

When you create the link in the third scenario, it will be to a file with the HTM extension as that is what is in the source project. When you generate, the extensions are still HTM so they will work just fine. When you publish the file extensions are changed to ASPX. So to pick up on the title of this thread, you generate as HTM and publish as ASPX.

Find one of the links in the published files and check the extension. I am guessing it will be HTM rather than ASPX. To the best of my knowledge RoboHelp changes such links when you publish so if my guess is right it begs the question why aren't the links being converted. 

I am wondering if it could be related to how you created the links. When publishing RoboHelp cannot blindly change all links from HTM to ASPX so maybe it is expecting a certain string and not seeing it if the link is created in a certain way.

Check a link that breaks first to check the extension. Also check the target has made it to Sharepoint. Confirm both and give us the exact steps you follow to create these links from the moment you click on the toolbar menu in RoboHelp.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel like someone using RH2020 posted about links in projects published to sharepoint weren't working. But I can't find the post on the forum at the moment. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Amebr,

I posted a similar question (https://community.adobe.com/t5/robohelp-discussions/linking-topics-between-different-child-projects/...), and you and Peter have been trying to help me figure out the problem. I believe I am experiencing the same issue posted by brendah. I linked Child_1_Topic to Child_2_Topic using a hyperlink and published the output to SharePoint. After checking the hyperlink extension in the SharePoint output, I found that it stayed as htm and did not convert to aspx. The rest of the output works perfectly, including hyperlinks between different topics within a single Child project. I am using RH 2022 for reference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp