Exit

Hyperlinks in Popups Open a Blank Popup in the Parent Popup

Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp HTML

RoboHelp 2017

Is there a way to set RoboHelp so that any hyperlinks which appear in popups are disabled?

Here is what I am doing...

I created a straightforward topic Terms and Definitions. I link terms from one definition to other terms in the same file. For example, I have defined Trailer as a term, and I have defined Tractor as a term. Within the definition for Trailer, I refer to Tractor; within the definition for Tractor, I refer to Trailer. From within the Tractor definition, I have set the hyperlink to the Trailer definition to display that definition in a custom-sized popup of 400x300. These hyperlinks work just great, except for one thing: within the popup displaying the definition for Trailer, the hyperlink that refers to Tractor is hot. If I click that hyperlink, RoboHelp opens another popup within the current popup, but it is blank.

What setting must I use to remove hyperlinks in popups?  Or what settings am I missing to prevent nested popups?

This is a section of the Terms and Definitions topic file...

I have clicked the link for "trailer" in the Thermacube trailer definition. The popup for Trailer appears...

I have clicked the link for "tractor" in the popup. A blank popup opens within the current popup...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow, that's interesting. It's actually an effect I was hoping to achieve back in the last millennium! Late 1990's.

It's always been my experience that if you have a popup presented and the content of that popup is a link that will also popup, the parent popup performs a disappearing act and the subsequent popup appears to replace the original.

I've never encountered what you are demonstrating. And there is no setting I'm aware of in RoboHelp to govern this behavior. Not that I've ever seen.

All I can offer is to say that you need to be a bit careful in what you link and how you link it. But I also know that carries lots of unintended consequences.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp