• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have a page that scrolls when I preview it. But, when I use View Primary Layout, there is no scrollbar.

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2016 Jan 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a page that scrolls when I preview it.  But, when I use View Primary Layout, there is no scrollbar.  Is this a known problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2016 Jan 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which RoboHelp version? Which layout? Which browsers and devices? Are there any situations other then the preview that do work? Do you see the content going on at the bottom of the page but no scroll bar?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2016 Jan 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ver 10, View Primary layout, multi screen HTML5, PC Windows 7, internet explorer 11 and Firefox, I only know the 2 previews, yes.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 14, 2016 Jan 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Screen Layout are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2016 Jan 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Primary view layout.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2016 Jan 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just a note that for Multiscreen HTML5, the default view option in RH uses some sort of internal browser to display whichever screen profile has been set as default. so for example, if you have Android set as the default screen profile, then the output for android will display in a simulared Android device.

Similarly for the Desktop screen profile, the help for desktop is display in a simulated browser window.

However, this view is not very accurate, I think. Therefore I don't use this option for Multiscreen. Instead I use right-click on single source layout > View With Browser > Internet Explorer. Or whichever browser you would like or need to use.

So for example, using the View Primary Layout I get this window with no scroll bar (although the content does actually scroll to *nearly* the bottom of the page). Compare to the next image where I use View In Browser, and I get the scroll bar.

Image of Multiscreen HTML opened using View Primary Layout (Desktop screen profile is set to default):

ViewPrimaryLayout.png

Image of Multiscreen HTML5 opened using View With Browser (Desktop screen profile is set to default):

ViewWithBrowser.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp