• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have installed the 2020 trial but when I start it, all it says is that an error occurred

Participant ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed the 2020 trial but when I start it, all it says is that an error occurred

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you install with admin rights? To the default location? Which version of Windows?

What exactly are you doing, just opening the application or trying to open a project?

What is the full error message? Can you post a screenshot? (I realise the error may be super unhelpful, but it doesn't hurt to get the exact text, just in case.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I installed on WIndows 10 with admin rights. Here is the error when I tried to start the 30 day trial.

nrvphotography_0-1600781395973.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes but did you install RoboHelp with admin rights?

If you did, then you need to reach out to Adobe Support, they have people to support installation.

You can email techcomm@adobe.com or phone in whatever country you are in.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes as I said. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said you had installed Windows 10 with admin rights.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the miscommunication. I had installed Windows 10 a year ago. I installed Robohelp running setup.exe as an administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a restricted Internet connection? The program does a "phone home" each time it starts up to check. If that's the case (a restricted Internet connection) you'll have to get Adobe Support to help you out as Peter says.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can send them an e-mail at tcssup@adobe.com - I think it's because your corporate environment has blocked the port that Adobe uses to "phone home" for activations. But only the RH folks will be able to tell you which one needs to be freed up. So feel free to ask for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp