• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I want to give the FrameMaker document an arbitrary file name.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a question about the settings for loading FrameMaker documents into RoboHelp.
The HTML file name when set to Split into topics using marker is different between the past version and the current version.

In previous RoboHelp, the HTML filename was the name you entered in FrameMaker's marker.
In RoboHelp 2020, it will be replaced with the contents set in Topic Name Pattern.
I am in trouble because I cannot specify the file name set here. How can I give it an arbitrary file name that is different from the title and number?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you talk about "In previous RoboHelp" are you referring to the Classic version? I suspect that that feature got lost in the redesign for RH2020 - I never heard of many people using it. I would contact the RH folks to see if it needs a Tracker bug logged. See https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your Adobe Support options. I'd recommend using the tcssup@adobe.com e-mail address as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including RoboHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your reply.
I understood that it was a specification of RoboHelp2022, not a flaw in my setting method.

This comparison is for RoboHelp Classic and earlier versions.
I'm currently trying to migrate from an older version to a newer version. Classic is no longer used.
I would like to give the file a fixed or arbitrary name, but if the file name is numbered, the file name will shift when I add pages.
If the title is the file name, there is a problem that the symbol is garbled and the link is broken, and we have reported it to Tracker.

Thank you very much for your support contact information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp