• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Map Issue in RoboHelp 2020.7.46

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I am trying to create an image map on an image in a topic, the image is not displayed in the image map popup. Since the image is not visible I'm unable to create an image map.

I want to create image maps so that various parts of the image can be linked to relevant topics.

Please Help:

Attached an image for reference:

ImageMapissue.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

I think it will be the over all path length to the file, which is a windows limitation and must be less than 260 characters.

I have used folder and file names longer than that, but I also ensure my projects are in a very short folder path on my C drive. e.g. c:\Projects\Project1, c:\Projects\Project2, etc. I avoid network locations and the "Documents" folder as they add many, many characters to the actual path.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a problem I remember being reported before, so here's a bunch of random things to try.

What is the image format you're using? Can you try a different format to see if that works? What about image size? I could imagine a very large image might not display. Is the project on your local hard drive or a network drive? If it's on a network, can you try a test project on your local drive with a short directory path (like c:\testproject\), in case there's a network issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @Amebr  for a quick response.

Please find the answers of the questions you had asked:

What is the image format you're using? Can you try a different format to see if that works?: Tested with different types of image formats. Same screen displayed as shown in the above figure.

What about image size? I could imagine a very large image might not display.: Tested with different image sizes. Same screen displayed as shown in the above figure.

Is the project on your local hard drive or a network drive? If it's on a network, can you try a test project on your local drive with a short directory path (like c:\testproject\), in case there's a network issue? : Tested with shorter directory path. Same screen displayed as shown in the above figure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I'm out of ideas as it works for me on that version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Amebr finally found a solution! 🙂

The names of the folders or files must not be very long.

For example, I had named the project folder as MP_Installation_Guide. I renamed to MP_InstallGuide, and it worked.

I think the Adobe Support team should put a note on the maximum number of characters allowed in folder names.

Don't know how to tag them!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think it will be the over all path length to the file, which is a windows limitation and must be less than 260 characters.

I have used folder and file names longer than that, but I also ensure my projects are in a very short folder path on my C drive. e.g. c:\Projects\Project1, c:\Projects\Project2, etc. I avoid network locations and the "Documents" folder as they add many, many characters to the actual path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp