Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import project from RoboHelp to FrameMaker

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a project that I would like to import from RoboHelp 2017 into FrameMaker version 10. I have two major questions that perhaps you can help me with:

1) Are these product versions compatible or do I need other versions that would enable the content import?

2) How do I achieve the actual import? What is the step-by-step process/procedure in FrameMaker?

Thank you kindly,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FrameMaker integration is about linking Fm files to RoboHelp, not the other way around.

Jeff Coatsworth is the Fm guru in this forum so maybe he can comment on importing Rh HTML files into Fm but I'm pretty sure you can't import Fm. I've never seen anyone ask about this in many years of supporting the forum.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

flowergardner​ - this is going to be painful I'm afraid - as Peter says, the integration or flow is FM to RH, not the other way round. Are you looking to remove your content out of RH and maintain it in FM from now on or is this something you need to do repeatedly? Others have raised this question before IIRC, but the only way that seems to preserve most of your styles is a RH > Word, Word > FM sort of chain with lots of cleaning up/massaging of styles in Word & FM. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My intent is for this to be a one-time process. I need to remove the content that is currently in RoboHelp and maintain it in FrameMaker from now on. If you believe Word would be the only means of transfer, with a few correcting edits, than this is what I'll do.

Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp