• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import von Word-Dokumenten in RoboHelp2019

Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ich arbeite nun seit Jahren erfolgreich mit versch. RoboHelp-Versionen ("Classic") und nutzte meist nur den Import von Word-Dokumenten, um daraus chm-Files zu erzeugen.

Das versuche ich nun auch mit der neuen Version 2019 (gerade auf 2019.0.6 upgedatet), dabei gelingt aber der Import nicht mehr.

RoboHelp liest/analysiert das zu importierende Dokument, erkennt jedoch die Ãœberschriftenformate des Word-Dokuments nicht und stellt diese dann in den Import-Einstellungen(Mapping) nicht zur Auswahl.

Dementsprechend werden die Ãœberschriftenformate beim Import nicht korrekt umgesetzt und die gesamte Struktur/Numerierung etc. passt nicht mehr.

Was kann ich tun?

Gibt es Tipps?

Vielen Dank im Voraus!

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What options do you see when you click the options for mapping? It should be a list reading

• Import Style
  • Delete Style
  • Discard content
  • Then a list of styles you can map to.

Is anything shown in the last item?

Have you tried more than one document? Perhaps create a new document with just a couple of Heading 1 paragraphs and some normal text.

The process is described in RoboHelp Reimagined but in English.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Danke, Peter für die schnelle Reaktion!

Ja, dort steht:

Heading1, Heading 2,Heading 3 etc.

Das ist ja ok.

Aber in der linken(!) Spalte "WORD STIL" erscheinen die Formate aus dem Word-Dokument nicht.

Dort steht:

Abbildungsverzeichnis

Beschriftung

HTMLAdresse

RGV-berschrift (???)

....siehe Screenshot

robohelp.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to Google, Verzeichnis means Directory. Do you have styles called Directory 1 etc? If you click on those, do they map the Heading Styles?

Otherwise it looks a bit as if your heading styles are not being seen as such. If you click on one in Word, in the toolbar does it map to Word's Heading styles or something else. In the past I have seen documents where someone has created a style with Heading in the name but it was not a true heading style.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If someone else prepared the document, they might have manually formatted a paragraph to look like a heading. So for example, they somehow click on HTML Address, which is a style MS provides, then manually format it to Arial 28pt Blue (or whatever your style is) so that it looks like a heading. My contributors do this all the time. I have no idea why or how...

Before importing, I always check the document in Draft view with the style area pane displayed so I can see what's going on.

Editing-tips.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try it in English, too...

The Mapping of "Verzeichnis1,2,3.." is not correct. "Verzeichnis" (=Directory) is the format for table of content(Inhaltsverzeichnis) or table of figures (Abbildungsverzeichnis), not the format for Headings.

My word document is correctly formatted, the headlines have "true" valid formats, eg.:

formats.JPG

And, as i mentioned, with older RoboHelp-Versions it worked in the past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing wrong with that English. Thanks to Google for getting us all this far!

I am wondering if it is the numbering that is the issue. Save a copy of that document and remove the numbering or use another document to see if that works.

If it does, 2019 styles have an easy autonumbering feature that can be added to your headings to bring that back.

Let us know if that works and the problem can be reported.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ohhhh, multilevel numbering in Word! I seem to remember it's caused problems in the past.

I've only had a quick play, and I don't really understand what it's doing right now, but look for styles like "Numbering411", "Numbering412".

You should see two of each style. The first will be the definition for the h1, h2, etc. (h1.Numbering411) the second will be the definition for the numbering (h1.Numbering411::before). You can see the code by hovering over "Import style"

On a quick test I could only get the document to import if I left the headings as "Import style". When I tried to map them to either just the heading level without numbering, or to a multi-level numbering scheme, I got the frustrating "there was an error, close everything" error.

However, I'm on Update 5, so if you have Update 6, maybe things will work better.

Here's an example screenshot, where I set up multilevel numbering on Heading 1 - Heading 3 in Word. You can see I have "Numbering411" instead of Heading 1.

multi-level-numbering.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose, the problem is actually in the import-interface of RoboHelp 2019.

Because the "Classic"-Version, which is provided with RH2019, is working instantly (with the same Word-File!).

Correct structure, correct numbering, TOC ready...

"Classic"-Version: Import (all Word-styles are correctly recognized, mapping possible oer automatic) :

robohelp_classic1.JPG

Result correct:

robohelp_classic2.JPG

for comparison (RH2019):

robohelp_neu 1.JPG

robohelp_neu 2.JPG

@Amebr: you see, I have no styles like "numberingxxx"

I have relative complex documents and want to avoid elaborate processing in RoboHelp with renumbering etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, I was sure it was going to be that. I'll have another look tomorrow. I have one more idea, but don't have a copy of Word to work with here.

Perhaps someone else will have an idea or confirm a bug overnight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I set up a simple test by creating a document with just a numbered Heading 1 style. It was not available for mapping. I then removed the numbering from the document and it was available for mapping.

I will report that and I am sure Adobe will fix that soon but meantime you need a solution. I suggest you create a new 2019 project and import a copy of your document where you have removed the numbering. The first check will be that it then imports OK. Assuming it does and I believe it will, then go to your heading styles in RoboHelp where you will find the autonumber styles. See if that meets your numbering requirements. If it does, then repeat in your live project or just copy the topics into your main project and repeat the numbering changes on your styles.

styles.png

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My other idea didn't work, so hopefully Peter's suggestion works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, the workaround seems to function so far.

Unfortunately this isn't a durable solution for our documents wirth hundreds of pages and headlines. The praparation of the source files in word is simply too much effort.

So I hope, that Adobe will fix that soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate it is unwanted work but It should only be a case of going to your heading styles in Word and removing numbering from them. That would be the same whether there were hundreds of instances of the headings or just one.

I have reported the problem.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Word, you have

1 First Heading

... followed by some content

2 Second Heading

... followed by some content

... and so on

Imported with mapping working that would work if you imported as a single topic but I think you want something else. What I think you want is to break the document based on Heading 1 styles so you would have multiple topics where the first topic would be 1 First Heading and the second topic would be 2 Second Heading and so on. In other words, the numbers in Word are retained. That's rather more complex but am I right in what you want?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp