Imported Word Document Not Resulting in any Pagination/Topics

Participant ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a simple test project that I'm creating with an imported Word document (also a simple document - 40 odd pages). I've done this in order to try to troubleshoot why the import isn't correctly creating new topics based on my "Heading 2" pagination setting.

I've come to this (I'm new to RoboHelp) after my first importation attempt created only a single new (top-level) topic. In this case the entire content of the the document was put inside this top-level topic. I finally read enough to find out how RH does pagination/new topic creation on import and so I went ahead and set this in the import Conversion Settings dialog:

RHHeading2Pagination.png

However, after running the import again (in a brand new project) I see that there is still only a single resulting topic. TOC, index, etc are all created correctly, but not the topic pagination aspect. Generating the Responsive HTML5 output confirms this since search only ever returns a single result (since everything is contained within a single topic).

What am I doing wrong??

TOPICS
HTML

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

If you want to send me the document, I'd love to take a peek at it to see why it may be behaving as it is with RoboHelp.

rickstone1975 (at) gmail (dot) com

Cheers... Rick

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp