• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing .docx files into RoboHelp 2015

Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I cannot import .docx files into RoboHelp 2015. When I go to locate the file on my drive via Import --> Word Document in RoboHelp, these documents do not show up as a recognized file type. Only .doc files show up.

In the example below, I had converted a .docx file into a .doc file. Both versions (the .docx and the .doc files) are located in this folder, but the .docx file is not visible.

Does this mean I will need to convert every single .docx file into a .doc file before I can import it into RoboHelp?

I am using Word 2010.

Importing Docx in RoboHelp.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have moved your post to RoboHelp HTML as RoboHelp for Word is a separate program that no longer ships. If you are using RoboHelp 2015, you are not using RoboHelp for Word.

Have you applied the available updates? If not, you only need to apply the last one. See Adobe - Support : RoboHelp Support Center : Service Releases

Try that and post back.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter! I applied the latest update, Adobe RoboHelp 2015.0.4. Then I spoke with a customer service rep from Adobe who did the following, to reset the preferences for Office and Robohelp:

• Made a change to the Registry (RoboHelp settings)
  • Ran a repair of Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010

However, this still did not address the issue. So I uninstalled RoboHelp 2015 and then reinstalled it. That didn't work either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

If you look at the bottom of that dialog, you see only DOC files listed. Try clicking that drop-down and seeing if DOCX files are listed.

tmp2.png

Alternatively, you can just click all files. Or even type *.DOCX into the file name field and press enter to see only files of that type appear.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rick! I tried but, for some reason, .docx is not listed as a file type, even when I look under All Files:

Importing Word Doc_all file types.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The workaround would be for me to simply convert these documents all to .doc files. But since the default file type has been .docx starting with Microsoft Word 2007, I'm a little worried that this could cause compatibility issues down the road.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll see if I can find anything.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Soooo, I'm not seeing any feedback with regards to whether you tried simply typing *.docx into the field and pressing the Enter key.

Does that work or not?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rick - I can't type into that field.

@Sandra - in Windows File Explorer, right click a DOCX file and click Open With. Does Word come up? I am wondering if your file associations are screwed.

If that appears OK, it might be time to do an Office Repair.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With regards to typing into fields and all. I'm wondering if you are thinking I'm referring to field #2. I'm actually referring to field #1.

tmp2.png

Nice thought about the file associations. Maybe that's the ticket!

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That works! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great that typing works. If you have time to check the file association idea, it might help you and others. It might save having to type in the file names.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good idea. Yes, I just checked this and the .docx files do open with Word. Word is set to the default, so if i just right click and click Open, the document will open up normally. I also just ran a repair of Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010.

Although I'm still not sure why .docx isn''t listed as a file type, typing .docx into the file name field brings up the .docx files. So I should be able to import them all into RoboHelp now.

Thanks so much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp