• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In RH 2019, linking to topics in merged projects from a topic in the main project

Participant ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a topic in my main project that I want to use as sort of landing page. I want to link from this topic to topics in my merged projects. What is the best way to do this? I dont seem to be able to create a link because these topics are not project files. Could I create a link and link to the local files? But would this resolve once I generated my html output to my web server? I also tried See also placeholders but again, you only seem to be able to add keywords to topics from within the main project. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are pages on my site about creating merged help for both 2019 New UI and Classic. I don't know which you are using.

Links between parent and child projects have always been best avoided. Links to local files will break.

It sounds to me as if your parent project has content. The whole thing becomes much easier if you have a parent that just references the child projects in the TOC and then your existing parent becomes a child. In 2019 New UI you can select a child project and its default topic will become the default for the merge.

Keywords can be added in any project.

It's all explained on my site.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for reply Peter. I will go and look at your site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp