• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In RH 2019 search results, is there a way to hide the file path for results? Please help.

Participant ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search issue.jpg

TOPICS
Output presets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Select "result-item-path" and open "LAYOUT" section properties on right-adjacent side. Now select value "none" in "display" property. Save the skin and generate the output. It should hide the paths in search results of the output. Please let us know if it still doesn't work.

Regards,

Vikas Singla

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select "result-item-path" and open "LAYOUT" section properties on right-adjacent side. Now select value "none" in "display" property. Save the skin and generate the output. It should hide the paths in search results of the output. Please let us know if it still doesn't work.

Regards,

Vikas Singla

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much. It works. Please is there a way to apply this update on the generated package directly without re-generate as we're in a hurry. I mean like css file or whatever?

Appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There will be a CSS file named "layout.css" in "<output folder>/template/<skin name>/" folder. Add the following css text at the bottom of the file:

.RH-LAYOUT-HOMEPAGE-SEARCHRESULTS-result-item-path {
  display: none;
}

.RH-LAYOUT-SEARCHRESULTS-result-item-path {
}

You will achieve the same results as done via Skin Editor. Please verify.

Regards,
Vikas Singla

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for the prompt response. Appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to do this for the responsive HTML5 skin as well? I can't see the option there, just in the frameless skin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can add a custom CSS file in Responsive HTML5 Skin Editor containing this information.

Open Responsive HTML5 Skin Editor, and go to "Layout > Layout" section. Under "USER ASSETS" section, click on "Add Asset" and browse the CSS file downloaded from here: Custom CSS. Save the skin and generate Responsive HTML5 output. It should hide the paths in search results.

Regards,
Vikas Singla

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That works! Thank you!

For other people wondering the same, the css file contained this:

div.searchresults .wSearchResultItem div.wSearchURL {
}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the the same for RH 2022? You have to edit the layoutdiff.css directly that lives in \publish\skins\templateBeingUsed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I ask another question please. I'm using the same project for multiple clients with condition tags, but a client asked to use a specific name for the product. I use the product name in some of topic names and body. Is there a way to set a word as a variable to be changed in all occurrences while generating?

Example: The product name is "X" , and needs to replaced by "Y" for a certain client. But "X" will be used for other clients.

Variable to change "X" to "Y" while generating.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can define different variable sets for different clients, overriding value of required variable in the set. Then, use specific variable set in output preset, to achieve required output value. You can define and customize variable sets in OUTPUT mode, in left panels below the output presets. And, you can choose the variable set in frameless preset as metioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/robohelp/using/generate-frameless-output.html#Content (check last point in this section).

Regards,
Vikas Singla

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me explain if I get it right.

• I created a variable called "product name" with one value "X"
  • I inserted the variable "X" for each occurrence of the product name

Before generating to the client, I must edit the "product name" variable to be "Y"

• For the output, I added the variable set for variable "product name"

Is that how it goes? I can't define multiple values for the same variable. So, I need to edit it each time before generating it. Is that right? Also, what about the topic names like "About "X" features.htm", can I apply this variable on the file names as that affects the search.

VARIABLES.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can define multiple variable sets and simply choose the required variable set in preset before generating. No need to change the value of variable in variable set each time. Just have a separate variable set created for both the cases.

Also, the variable used in topic titles are automatically with the value defined/overriden in variable set chosen in preset. Hope that clarifies both the queries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. For the first point, I'll give it a try. For the second, I mean the file name. The product name is used in the file name itself. How to apply variables on file name and TOC?

topic name.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@EmanAssem

Take a look in RoboHelp Reimagined. It's described there as well with some screenshots.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can insert variables in a TOC page name. Click on the TOC page and go to the Title in Properties. Put the cursor where you want the variable and press CTRL + 1. It must be 1 on the alpha keyboard, not the numeric keys.

image.png

Variables are not an option in filenames but can't you avoid them there? If it is because you have separate topics, then your TOC will be different anyway so that only the right topics are in it. If you have one topic with content that uses tags to filter for separate builds and using your example, About_Features would work for the file name. If I have not understood properly, please explain more.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter. I got your point. I did a try to remove the product name from the file name as you recommended, but kept the product name as a variable in topic title and TOC. The issue is in the search results, it shows the variable as is, not the value although I selected the variable set in the output, as in the below screenshot.

Any solution please? Appreciate your help.

search.jpg

2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just set up this variable.

image.png

Here it is in a topic.

image.png

Here it is in the output.

image.png

Here it is in the search.

image.png

Check through all of those items. I think you must have missed something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the exact issue. The search result should show "Product A" not the variable. The text "product name" is what user will see while searching instead of Product A.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, shouldn't your last screenshot show "First Product A Topic"? I think that it's showing the variable name not the variable value?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes of course, thanks Amber. Try to deal with two knotty problems at the same time. 🙂

It's a bug. I will report it. It's the same in responsive outputs so no solution there, sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter for your support. Hope this bug could be fixed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found what makes it go wrong and have asked Adobe to verify their results.

If you remove the variable from Properties > Topic Title, the search results will look like this. The topic heading can still have the variable.

image.png

I know there is an extra space after the variable, that has also been reported.

image.png

The filename can be omitted as earlier in this thread.

Is that an acceptable solution pending the next update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please test with Update 12 applied and confirm that this is now fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The issue was fixed. Are you seeing it in 2022? If so start a new thread with your problem and include which template (skin) you are using. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp