• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Include topics in the output that are not included in the TOC

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to have topics that are not included in the TOC, included in the output?

TOPICS
Output presets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer depends on what version of RoboHelp you are using. Please always start threads with that information. If 2019, Classic or the New UI?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Robohelp 2020. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add them to the TOC and as you add them you will see a checkbox Hide in Output. Select that. The topic will be in the build but not the TOC. It can be found by links, TOC etc.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added it to the TOC and this is the window that displayed. There is no checkbox.

DARLENE5EB4_0-1619029181036.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't look like the TOC - that looks more like adding a topic to the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm clicking the + button at the top of Table of Contents section. This is the window that displays and then the topic it displayed in the TOC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That screenshot is not of the Properties. After you have added the topic, go to this.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have added a new Topic.  But I don't see how to get to the contents properties window.

DARLENE5EB4_0-1619030109217.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... and when the topic is in the TOC you click on it to see the Properties that I have shown.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I see when I click the TOC topic and select Properties

DARLENE5EB4_0-1619030395785.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What patch version of RH2020 are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will find the TOC properties in the TOC. In your screenshot Contents is highlighted. Below that is Table of Contents. Double click that and then open the TOC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what it looks like when I select Properties for that topic:

DARLENE5EB4_0-1619032158092.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you think I should update my Robohelp version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Won't hurt - you can always roll it back if you find something that blocks you in patch 4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You still haven't opened the TOC. You need to double click it so it opens in the same area as the topics.

This is not an update issue. You should always update but it's not going to solve this problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my version of Robohelp 2020. Now when I select Properties from my topic in the TOC, the Hide in Output checkbox displays. Thanks for all your help.

BTW, when I double click the TOC in the far left column, it wouldn't open up in the topic window. Only in the next column over like in the picture I sent. I'm not sure why that wouldn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes you click Table of Contents, then you see your TOC name(s) and double click that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp