Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Incorporate label and icon as a style?

Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp 2019 New UI

Is there a way to have the title of a warning, along with its icon automatically formatted and recalled (style, variable, etc.)?
For example, can I select some element in RH and automatically get the icon and "WARNING:" (red circled portion of image below) to populate so that I only have to type in the variable text each time?

TechWriter57_0-1591648439026.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not quite as shown as text wrap comes into it when the text gets below the icon.

What you see below is a P class with Autonumber applied. I think in another recent thread it was done with a list and that will give better control over the gap. I have not played with this style to reduce the gap and maybe that's not an issue.

image.png

For Autonumber, in the Style Editor, duplicate the P tag and name it as required - p.warning for example. In Properties > Autonumber, select the image and then add the text. To make it bold, change the editor to source view and add the property below.

font-weight: bold

For Lists, do the same with the OL style.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell me what setting I adjust to make the text align with the top of the icon?  Is this possible with autonumber?

TechWriter57_0-1591815416811.png

Actually, the text aligns top when I use it as an OL style.  I'm not sure why I get two level 1s in the Preview, though. It looks fine when I apply the style in a topic.

TechWriter57_0-1591815820365.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Padding and Line spacing doesn't seem to have any effect on my ol.Warning style.  I wanted to leave a bit more space above/below the warning.  I also wanted to close up the line spacing to match that of the normal paragraphs.  Is this not possible?  I tried adjusting Padding top/bottom and Line Spacing with no luck..

TechWriter57_0-1591817631849.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Locate the OL style and try margin above and below.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried adjusting the Margins.  I even set them to 20 at one time and saw no difference.margins.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Put the page you have shown in a single topic project and send that to me. See the Contact page on my site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp