Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Increase/Decrease Indent

Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am trying to increase the indent in the Properties Tab>General>Alignment. I highlight the text and click the Increase Indent and it only moves one space. It's actually a list and it only moves the first item in the list one space. I'm stuck on this minor thing and it's really frustrating!

The first image is the highlighted text and what happens if I click the Increase Indent. The first line moves one space and then nothing.

Thanks in advance,

Julianna

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post the exact name of the Adobe program you use so a Moderator may move this message to that forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robohelp 2019,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't really see what's going on in the images you posted. But, assuming you want to indent an entire list, then you will need to use the element breadcrumbs at the top of the topic to select the correct element.

The Properties > General panel applies inline formatting to the html tag the cursor is within. In the case of a list, this is the li tag (the specific bullet or number). You can check the element your cursor is in using the Type field in the Properties > General panel (1).

To indent the whole list, you need to apply formatting to the list tag, either ol or ul depending on whether it's a bullet list or numbered list. You can do this using the element breadcrumbs at the top of the topic (2). Check the displayed breadcrumbs and click on the relevant element. The element will be selected.

In the example screenshot, you would click on the ol breadcrumb to select the entire list.

The Type will change to the selected element (in the example, 'ol'), and any formatting you select will be applied to that element.

Amebr_0-1611114322562.png

If you want to apply this formatting frequently I'd suggest creating a style for it in your stylesheet for it. This will mean if you decide to change the indent or anything else, you can change it in one spot and all your documentation will update, rather than having to edit every topic.

Note: RH2020 has been updated so you don't need to do this. Instead, if you place the cursor at the start of the first list item, the indent icon will indent the entire list.

Please also insert images into your posts using the Insert Photos icon. This ensures the image is visible on the page - some people won't download attachments for security reasons. Also, there is a bug with the forum that means you can't post after opening an attachment until you refresh the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp