• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indent set in bullet paragraph styles don't match the indent shown in the Paragraph formatting

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RH 2017 and have an issue with the left indents for bullet styles.

To get the left indent of my bullet styles where I want them, I have to set the Indents Left setting in the Styles dialog box to double the amount I want.

For example, for a bullet style to indent 0.25 inches, I have to set the left indent for the style to 0.5in. If I then click the Format button on the Styles dialog box and select Paragraph, the paragraph formatting dialog box shows the indent for the bullet paragraph to be 0.25in (see image). When I apply  the bullet style to a paragraph, it uses the 0.25in indent shown in the paragraph formatting, not the 0.5inches that is set for the indent in the style's properties.

Can anyone tell me why I'm getting this discrepancy?
Thanks

RH bullets.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I played around with the settings and I think half the value by default is applied as the hanging indent.

Special: Hanging By: 0.25in

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp