• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Index Markers from FM leave text an odd color in RH

Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am importing a FM (16.0.3.979) book into RH (2020.7.46), publishing with a custom skin using the Frameless output preset.

Everything is looking pretty good with one exception: in my topic pages, any text tagged with an index marker in FM is a light gray in the final product.

johno51871765_1-1656348989485.png

I can't find a setting which controls this behavior so I can fix it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the text have a character tag applied to it in FM? The RH Conversion settings allow you to control how that comes over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a character tag, but an Index Marker.

johno51871765_0-1656351402142.png

Here is the code for that portion of the topic:

johno51871765_1-1656351592404.png

Both circled words are gray in the final product.

If I'm looking in the wrong place, Jeff, I apologize for misunderstanding and would appreciate a pointer so I can provide the information you are looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's your Conversion Settings screen look like? Your Index Marker should come over as a Character tag (I tell my import to exclude it). Looking at your FM shot there - I think you may have applied the index marker tag to the text itself - you usually only add the marker tag to the spot in the content (at the end or beginning of a word). Here's one of mine:
Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the delay in responding.

You are correct: the word is selected for the Index marker, rather than simply having the marker next to the appropriate text.

Rather than try to fix it in FM, I am going to create the RH project without an index, ignoring these markers, and let the search function handle things.

I hope this works....

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp