Index with accented characters with Microsoft HTML Help output

New Here ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I create an index with a key containing accented characters, they disappear in the index for Microsoft HTML Help output (e.g. "First" => "First").
To reproduce :

  1. Create a new project with 1 topic
  2. Create a key containing an accented character (e.g. First) in the index pointing to the topic
  3. Choose the Microsoft HTML Help output
  4. Generate output
  5. Browse the help index and see that "First" becomes "First".

I have also set the output language and the topic language to French but it doesn't change anything.
RoboHelp 2020.7.46

Views

52

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bit of a guess here. Is your operating system also French? I wonder if it's the same underlying problem as described in Item 11 at Snippets (grainge.org)

 

Beyond that, I don't know the cause.

________________________________________________________

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

 

New Users: Default forum names can be changed in your Account Settings.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My system is indeed in French.
I followed the recommendations described on item 11 at Sippets (diagnostics and reinstall Microsoft Help Compiler) but it doesn't work any better
In my previous post you have to read (ex: "Première" => "Premire")

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried with RH2019 New UI without changing windows settings, project settings or file settings, and "Première" appears in the chm index correctly.

Amebr_0-1651623030046.png

 

I also tried on a different computer with RH2020 and the accented character is deleted, even when I change all of the settings. So to me it seems to be a problem with RH2020.

 

See the following page for support contact options. The email address is recommended as it goes to dedicated RH people.
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your confirmation that is a 2020 version problem.
I have already contacted support but no answer yet

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp