Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indigo layout @ RH 2020

Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I'm making some changes to the Indigo skin in RoboHelp 2020. In the topic page view, the table of contents was displaying on the right. I changed the RTL setting in the skin layout, and the TOC then displayed on the left. I saved the skin with the changed RTL setting and then generated the output again, but the output continues to show the table of contents on the right, not on the left as shown in the preview after the change. Has anyone else had this issue? Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Adobe have acknowledged the TOC should move to the left and they will fix that in an update. However, they pointed out that many other things get flipped using left to right, the heading being one example.

It might be worth considering a frameless output but speak to your developers first if they use URLs for context sensitive help. See The different skin types (grainge.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this locally or on the server? It sounds like a caching issue. Did you try the browser Refresh button or another browser?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestion. I cleared the cache and also viewed the output in another browser but the results are the same; the TOC doesn't appear on the left side of the page as selected in the skin layout and shown in the preview. I'll try looking through some related messages in this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Double check the skin if you haven't already.
  2. Make sure the same skin is selected in the preset.
  3. Try generating to a new folder.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks; I just tried these steps but no luck. I could submit a bug investigation report for this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the project? If you can, then see the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much, Peter. I uploaded the files using wetransfer and included a link to this thread. Update 5 is applied to the RH 2020 installation that I'm using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt it is a bug as I think someone else would have found it by now. I will set up a test tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Update 5 applied? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I am seeing is this:

1. The RTL setting does indeed change the TOC to be on the left in the skin editor.
  2. When I generate with that setting applied, I noted that the header and toolbar change but the TOC moves slightly to the left but remains on the right, overlapping the topic. I wasn't aware of that from your post.

That does indeed look like a bug. I have queried this with someone at Adobe and will post back when I know more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe have acknowledged the TOC should move to the left and they will fix that in an update. However, they pointed out that many other things get flipped using left to right, the heading being one example.

It might be worth considering a frameless output but speak to your developers first if they use URLs for context sensitive help. See The different skin types (grainge.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your investigation and for contacting Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The frameless layout does seem promising; thanks for the suggestion. There is still interest in the Indigo as well. Wondering about when the next fix might be available. Does Adobe give estimated dates for upcoming fixes...it looks like there are fixes every 3-4 months?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is one due soon based on past updates but that could mean this issue will be too late to get included.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp