Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indigo screen layout - moving slideout and TOC from the right to the left

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I'm back with another question. In the Indigo screen layout, is there a way to force the slidout on the homepage (which contains the filters and index entires etc) to slideout from the left? Similarly, is there a way to move the TOC from the right to the left once inside a topic? I couldn't find it within the RoboHelp UI, but presumably it is possible to do by editing the HTML/CSS/JavaScript. I've spent a couple of hours this morning altering classes directly, but without luck. Any help could be much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not something I can help with so why am I posting? Simply to say that the whole way these layouts work is complex and needs the skills of someone with extensive HTML and CSS. I believe they take some weeks to develop so changing anything that is not in the editor is a huge task.

Good luck.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was afraid you were going to say that! It seems strange to me that Adobe have made things slide out from the right (or at least don't make this something you can customise). Everyone I've shown our test project to says looks great, can we make it slide out from the left?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's make sure you are seeing what I expect. Post a screenshot.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm referring to the bits highlighted in red in the attached screenshots. I can see how to edit pretty much every element in the filters/glossary/index area and some elements of the TOC, but what I really want is to be able to have the filters slide out from the left and for the TOC to be displayed on the left of the topic content.  filters.pngtoc.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Indigo Layout is designed to have this home page with the contents of each "book" on the right instead of opening with a TOC.

Would a more conventional layout with a TOC on the left work? Azure Blue is one and you can see that in the RoboHelp Tour on my site. However, the search and some other features are then different.

Certainly it's easier than changing Indigo!

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp