• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

infinite "Contacting RoboHelp Server" whenever one clicks the Projects tab in Admin.

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I team, 

I'am facing a strange issue after migrating from RH9 => RH10 => RH11 server ! 

• RH11 installed on Win2019 VM
  • DB SQL express DB on same Win2019 VM 
  • DB test connection is OK 
  • Migration process from RH9 to RH10 and RH10 to RH11 was successful ! 
  • Access to admin webpage is OK 
  • Surfing admin web page is also OK 

Except when i click the Projet pan, its indefinitely displaying "Contacting RoboHelp Server" ! 

• I created a new context : OK 
  • Browing to that new context is also OK from webadmin page !

I contacted the support adobe and here is what they advised so far : 

"If you are facing the issue only with migrated context then you can try the migration process one more time and check for the issue again. However, if earlier you published the WebHelp output then you can republish the output as Responsive HTML5 or Frameless in a new context as WebHelp output is not supported on RHS 11." 

Any idea please on how i can solve that issue ? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unclear on what you're doing - are you talking about the the output you've created or the RH project itself?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thanks for your reply Jeff 

Well it's very simple, after migrating robohelp server 9 to server 11, i connect on the webadmin pages of my rh11 and when i click on project pan, it's indefinitely saying "Contacting RoboHelp Server"

Thus i cant see any project on my admin interface on my migrated context! 

If i create a new context on my rh11 from scratch, i can open it on the webadmin page.

Is that because of robohelp 11 does not support webhelp format ? The support advised us to republish into html format, but without any procedure ! 

i am not familiar with the tool and if someone has more details it would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that many of us using RH Server - maybe @johndaigle can chime in? I do know that for the newest versions of RH, you create WebHelp by creating Responsive HTML5 help and turn off the responsiveness (so nothing gets resized).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i just think the process took a while and i let it to finish, now i tested it today and it works fine ! 

Issue solved, so just be patient in case you migrated lot of project (many GB of data) from former version, when you connect to the admin page for first time. the process is taking a while ! Maybe more than 1 hour ...

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi team, 

the issue seems to come from the DB that is doing lot of update operation ! 

Our DBA added an index and it solves the issue ...

Let me know if you need more info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp